Who is CPO?
Christian Publishing and Outreach Ltd (CPO) launched in 2005 from the amalgamated companies Christian Publicity Organisation and Christian Media Centre.
CPO had previously served the Church since 1957 via posters, tracts, invitations and other literature, while Christian Media Centre (formerly Herald House) published Christian Herald and Woman Alive magazine, as well as producing a range of magazines for other ministries and companies.
CPO is a wholly owned subsidiary of the charity Christian Publicity Ltd (CPL), registered in England & Wales. Charity no: 221462
CPO specialise in church publicity and in outreach and evangelism resources. We offer church posters, banners, invitations and tracts in order to encourage and inspire Church outreach across the UK. We also provides a wide range of design, editorial, subscription, printing, fulfilment and despatch services. Some of our current customers include Boys' Brigade, Church Army, Plain Truth, SPUC and Roots.
CPL publishes Inspire and Woman Alive magazines.
Christian Publicity Ltd (CPL)
We create, publish and distribute resources and media to promote the Christian faith.
Our vision is to support, resource and encourage the Church to:
- Reach out to everyone in their communities with God’s love
- Bring people to Christ
- Make disciples who in turn are equipped to reach out
CPL will facilitate this through:
- Publicity materials (printed and on the web)
- Christian magazines
- Websites/new media/web to print and other new technologies
- Partnerships – particularly on national campaigns
- Project Print – overseas evangelism
- Praying for God to give the Church fresh hope, vision and growth
Statement of Faith
We believe in...
- The one true God who lives eternally in three persons – the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.
- The love, grace and sovereignty of God in creating, sustaining, ruling, redeeming and judging the world.
- The divine inspiration and supreme authority of the Old and New Testament Scriptures, which are the written Word of God – fully trustworthy for faith and conduct.
- The dignity of all people, made male and female in God's image to love, be holy and care for creation, yet corrupted by sin, which incurs divine wrath and judgement.
- The incarnation of God’s eternal Son, the Lord Jesus Christ – born of the virgin Mary; truly divine and truly human, yet without sin.
- The atoning sacrifice of Christ on the cross: dying in our place, paying the price of sin and defeating evil, so reconciling us with God.
- The bodily resurrection of Christ, the first fruits of our resurrection; his ascension to the Father, and his reign and mediation as the only Saviour of the world.
- The justification of sinners solely by the grace of God through faith in Christ.
- The ministry of God the Holy Spirit, who leads us to repentance, unites us with Christ through new birth, empowers our discipleship and enables our witness.
- The Church, the body of Christ both local and universal, the priesthood of all believers – given life by the Spirit and endowed with the Spirit's gifts to worship God and proclaim the gospel, promoting justice and love.
- The personal and visible return of Jesus Christ to fulfil the purposes of God, who will raise all people to judgement, bring eternal life to the redeemed and eternal condemnation to the lost, and establish a new heaven and new earth.