The ‘Silence’ booklet is being revised for Remembrance 2018. Find out more at www.remembrance100.org.uk.
On 4 August 2018, churches across the UK will mark the centenary of a special national day of prayer which took place on 4 August 1918 when King George V joined the House of Commons and the House of Lords to pray for the nation; 100 days later the war ended.
4 August 2018 will be the first day of 100 days of prayer across the country, running until Armistice Day in November. Every day there will be prayers and actions for peace. You will be able to sign up to spend just a few minutes of your day, adding your prayers to those of tens of thousands more.
On 11 November 2018, people around the country will observe Remembrance Sunday. They will be reflecting on the lives that were changed irrevocably, and those that were lost.
HOPE will provide:
- A book full of ideas and prayers for 100 days of peace from 4 August to 11 November 2018.
- A pocket-sized booklet to give away to all those attending your Remembrance event, including a special prayer written by the Archbishop of Canterbury
- A short video based on Revelation 21:3-4 to show at your Remembrance Day event
- A guide on how to hold a peace party for your community
- Ways in which your young people and local schools can get involved.
These will be available to order at the end of June.