Worship in the Wilderness is a Lent series, journeying with Jesus through the desert. Explore this rich biblical theme, which touches on subjects such as simplicity, silence, sorrow, truth-speaking and being led by the Spirit.
The Personal Devotions book is an A5, 56 page full colour book. It contains five daily readings per week up to Palm Sunday. There are biblical reflections, creative responses and practical applications for earthing the ideas in real life.
This book is designed to be used alongside the Worship in the Wilderness: Church Service Pack. The themes and scripture reflections of the Personal Devotions compliment the Sunday material. However, it also stands alone as a Lent book without the Sunday Services. It could also easily be adapted for a small group.
The weekly themes are:
- Ash Wednesday - A Secret Journey
- First Sunday - A Spirit-led Journey
- Second Sunday - A Simple Journey
- Third Sunday - A Sorrowful Journey
- Fourth Sunday - A Sacrificial Journey
- Fifth Sunday - A truth-Speaking Journey
- Palm Sunday - A Surprising Journey