Finance Officer (Accounts Payable)
Permanent, part-time (22-25 hours a week) position in Worthing
This vital role provides financial, administrative and clerical support to CPO, by processing, verifying and reconciling invoices and payments, taking responsibility for the managing the day-to-day payment cycle activities in a timely and efficient manner, ensuring accuracy in data and record keeping, and being a key part of the finance team, reporting to the Head of Finance.
We are looking for someone with:
· Previous finance administration experience, possibly in a charity
· Proven numerical ability – and experience in accounts payable would be desirable
· Strong organisational skills – and experience liaising with suppliers would be desirable
· Excellent friendly customer service skills and telephone manner
· Exceptional attention to detail & data entry skills
· Ability to interact in a professional manner at all times.
· Demonstrable strength of character. Able to be both polite and firm.
· Proven experience of working with confidential information
· Proven integrity and trustworthiness
· Energy and drive to be part of our work serving the church
· As we are a Christian charity, we ask that you are sympathetic to our statement of faith, vision & values (see cpo.org.uk/about)
How to apply and further details
Flexible hours, expected as 22-25 hours a week, within standard working hours of 9am-5pm. Salary £15-20k full time equivalent, depending on skills and hours agreed. To apply, please send your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com
or by post to Philip Coram, Head of Finance, CPO, 1 Easting Close, Worthing, BN14 8HQ
Deadline for applications: 10am, Monday 23rd Sept (Interviews: 26th September).
WORK EXPERIENCE AND VOLUNTARY OPPORTUNITIES
CPO is grateful for volunteer help and welcomes student work experience (or adult work experience!) in many areas, including production, marketing, administration, digital and graphic design. Please send your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or post to: CPO, HR Department, 1 Easting Close, Worthing, BN14 8HQ. Please include details of knowledge, skills and experience, reasons you would like to work with CPO and any specific area where you feel you could contribute to Christian resources. Please also state your availability. Some roles can be undertaken from home. Opportunities change throughout the year, so if you don't hear back straight away rest assured we will keep your details securely on file and get back in touch as we're able.
CPO has an ongoing requirement for casual workers within our warehouse department from time to time and if this may be of interest to you then please send your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com or post to: CPO, HR Department, 1 Easting Close, Worthing, BN14 8HQ. Please include details of knowledge, skills and experience, reasons you would like to work at CPO and your interest in Christian resources.